Sunday, September 8, 2013

Game Night

 This my outfit Saturday Night for my big 'game night birthday party'. Yes, I know my birthday had so many events but this is the last one I promise. Due to family travel schedule this was the only weekend we could get everyone together...

My outfit inspiration was from the Bloomingdales' summer catalog:










 Tee, Vest, Jeans - Forever 21
Heels - Rock Republic from Kohl's
Bracelets - Bauble Bar
Earrings - Cookie Lee
Belt - J Crew

Before I cropped the photo above this was the original with my son in the back doing his dance moves.
 And with both kids....

Earlier in the afternoon we went to my daughter's first soccer game in the smoldering heat. I felt like I was in Palm Dessert it was unbearable....
But the kids were too cute for words...







Then at night we had close to 45+ people come to a highly structured game night at our house.
My parents were rockstars by missing half the party to entertain the kids upstairs and put them to bed. Then to top it all my mom cleaned up after the whole party while I was socializing. My husband and Dad did all the shopping and my sis and her friend were the primary bar tenders. My amazing friends who I forced to lead each game took charge and explained the game rules to the groups and kept us on track.  It was a huge joint effort.

I gave each person a 'game card' what told them which game they were playing at each rotation time slot. Set up 4 games at four different sections of the house. I envisioned the groups would get mixed up more but that was the flaw a lot of people stayed in the same groups. We had 15 minute break between each rotation for mingling and drinks. It amazingly stayed close to time. I wish we had more photos but we were all playing...
Oh the games were mostly group games: Catch Phrase, Outburst, Guesstures and Pop Cranium...
I had a snack table by the kitchen but I also put snack sampler trays at each game table and my sis helped me stock them up after rotations. We must have made 3 to 4 batches of my signature cocktails too during each break...

And the people with the most 'wins' on their game cards got these mini alcohol prizes I wrapped up in colorful tissue paper....










It was such a fun night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...